The Australian-German Welfare Society (AGWS) is a not-for-profit member organisation dedicated to supporting community members with German cultural links in Australia.
Main objectives of the organisation are to:
- help members of the German community with financial or material problems
- provide opportunities for members to stay in touch with their 'old' culture, talk in their mother tongue and take part in German traditions (eg. Mother's Day, Christmas)
- support the elderly (nursing homes, friendly visiting service, computer courses)
- promote German culture by offering book and film clubs in German language
- assist young families by offering a German playgroup for pre-school children.
We encourage you to become a member of the AGWS, participate in the many activities and/or get involved as a volunteer. Donations and/or a legacy in your will are welcome.